July 22-23, 2022 K-T Support Group Conference
This year's conference will be streamed. Click below to sign up. Your link will be in the receipt, and you will get a duplicate by email on 7/21.
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP FOR STREAMING: July 20
July 22, 2022 Friday 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
July 23, 2022 Saturday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Meeting times are Central Standard Time (CST)
After registration and payment are received, your link will be in the acknowledgement.
Register Here by 7/20 or use QR code below
Friday, July 22, Judd Hall Auditorium
· Denise Adams, M.D.
Director of the Comprehensive Vascular Anomalies Program (CVAP)
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
· Bryan Sisk, M.D.
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology
St. Louis, MO
· Dr. Katelyn R. Anderson
Mayo Clinic Department of Dermatology
Vascular Anomalies Clinic
· Emily C. Bendel, M.D.
Mayo Clinic Department of Radiology
Vascular Anomalies Center
· Brendan C. Lanpher, M. D.
Mayo Clinic Department of Clinical Genomics
Vascular Anomalies Center
Saturday, July 23 K-T Support Group Member Meeting
Marriott Mayo Rochester, Grand Ballroom
Rick Guidotti, Positive Exposure
Sinead and Foreman share information and knowledge about service dogs
Visit with Jobst and Juzo for information on garment design and fabrics. Browse Mediven display.
Growing up K-T: a parent’s guide to teaching self-reliance and positive self-image. Assembled by people who grew up K-T.
What does the K-T journey look like?
A Day in the Life, doctors spend 24 hours experiencing “induced” K-T
It Takes a Village Caretakers guide to raising a strong, independent adult
K-T Support Group welcomes Saturday's K-T Team Supporters:
In support of improving patient care, Friday’s activity is planned and implemented by the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science and the Klippel-Trenaunay Support Group. Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Kahler Grand Hotel and Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic are both under the Kahler Hospitality Group umbrella. The K-T conference will have meetings and guest room blocks at both properties. We have negotiated a special room rate for conference guests. When calling, please ask for the Klippel-Trenaunay Support Group conference block rate.
Kahler Grand Hotel 20 2nd Ave SW
Reservations: 800-533-1655, hotel 507-280-6200 Online registration link K-T Support Group Kahler Grand Hotel
Kahler Room types: ·
· Standard King $109, plus tax
· Standard Double $109, plus tax
· ADA Compliant Double $109 plus tax
Kahler offers free internet, rooftop pool, and fitness center.
NOTE: Handicapped access for the pool must be specified at the time of reservations/check-in. An elevator key will be provided.
Rochester Marriott - Mayo Clinic 101 1st Ave. SW
Marriott Room types ·
· Standard King/QQ - $139/night, plus tax
· Concierge King/QQ - $169/night, plus tax
Marriott offers free internet access, pool and fitness center
Room reservations must be made by July 8, 2022. After that date, the blocks will no longer be available. You may get the conference rate for up to two days prior and one day post-conference, but this is not available through online booking.
If the online booking shows “No Rooms Available” call the reservations department and use the conference code exactly as shown, K-T Support Group July 2022. Rooms will be available at our discounted rate until the agreed-upon July 8th date.
Cancellations are due 24 hours in advance of arrival. Failure to cancel and/or No Shows will be charged the first night room and tax. A credit card will be required to hold the reservation.
Check in: 4:00 p.m. Check out: 12:00 p.m.
Parking at both hotels: $16/night $24/night valet
Conference attendees are responsible for all room tax, parking and incidental charges.
Breakfast is available for purchase at the Grand Grill (Kahler) and Salute (Marriott).
You do not have to stay at either of these hotels. However, it is recommended for networking and friendship building among conference attendees. The hotels are both accessible to Mayo Clinic, Methodist Hospital via skyway and subway walking. Summer is a very busy time for all hotels in the area, so make your reservations soon.
Travel & Tourist Info
There are numerous restaurants and activity opportunities in downtown Rochester within walking distance. Visit the Rochester Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Rochester, MN sites or call 507-288-4331.
American Airlines and Delta Airlines offer daily flights to Rochester International Airport (RST) from Chicago, Detroit and Minneapolis St. Paul. Allegient Air flies between Rochester and Phoenix (Mesa, Arizona). Most service is by jet aircraft. The airport has all-weather gate-to-plane jetways to board aircraft, although you may be outside briefly as you travel from the jetway to the aircraft.
Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP), located 80 miles north of Rochester, has regularly scheduled service by most domestic airlines and many international carriers. Shuttle information is available at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Ground Transportation.
A Mayo Clinic information booth is located in the passenger terminal building if you have questions. Be sure your reservation is to Rochester, Minnesota (RST).
· Rochester Shuttle Service - Drop off/pick up at KGH. Rides can be booked online. MSP and RST shuttles available.
NOTE: The GoRochesterDirect shuttle is no longer active.
Taxi service, Lyft and Uber are also available from RST to downtown.
If you need assistance with travel funds contact:
Special Invitation for Attendees
For K-T Kids and Adults: I'm Possible
Friday evening we will present a showcase of different types of art produced by members. You don’t have to attend to participate; send up to THREE photos of your work to be included. Those attending can exhibit photos of their art, share a poem, dance, song – the thing that makes you YOU. The showcase will be displayed during and after dinner. Performance pieces will be after dinner. Sibling/family participation encouraged to enhance or facilitate the K-T artist’s presentation. Advise us early if special arrangements are needed – we will try to accommodate to the best of our ability. Send it quick - deadline July 7! https://mailchi.mp/k-t/talented-in-the-arts-we-want-to-show-it
What Else Do I Need To Know?
COVID19 guidelines for Mayo Clinic will be followed. At the time of this publication, the current guidelines are here. They will be updated as we get near the meeting date so please check to prevent any miscommunication.
Conference package includes Friday night dinner held in the Marriott Ballroom. Adults will have a choice of dinners, and a child's meal will be offered. This is a great opportunity to meet-n-greet other conference guests. Please note any special dietary concerns on registration.
· Saturday conference and lunch will be held in the Marriott Ballroom.
· Vegetarian options will be available for both meals but if you have specific dietary needs for either meal please indicate those to Mellenee before arrival.
· Babysitting will be available at the motel for those registered by July 8 and indicating the need for a sitter. Cost of the sitter is covered in registration. A Helping Hand Childcare has a pre-meeting registration process you will to complete. Indicate on your registration form you will need sitting services and we will send the info. Note that daytime sessions are NOT child-friendly due to graphic subject matter and length of sessions.
· Mayo appointments may be made at your discretion. This year two clinic dates are scheduled for the week of the meeting (Tuesday July 19th and Thursday July 21st). The Thursday clinic is intended to ease travel plans for meeting participants.
· Patients can call the appointment line at 507-266-9417 to set up appointments with the vascular malformation team. You are responsible for any charges incurred so check with your insurance company regarding coverage at Mayo Clinic and contact the Mayo Clinic Business Office (507) 284-2511 if you have questions.
· A limited number of KT Support scholarships are available to assist with room costs. Contact us for information after May 15
· Due to non-refundable deposits we have to extend to contracted companies, refunds will only be made as follows:
before June 1 100%
June 1-15 50%
After July 1 no refunds